Friday, August 22, 2014

Getting your (and my) Taildragger Rating

Our Flight School Taildragger gives both NPL and PPL or Com pilots the chance to get their type rating or differences training to put the taildragger Explorer on their licences (either Part 61 or Part 62 licences).

I started my training with our Instructor Ian today and we had a little fun with the taildragger performing more like a dodgem car than an aeroplane as I learned the different rudder-control needed to keep the tail-heavier airplane from ground-looping with the rear trying to overtake the front. Much fun.

Get you rating by emailing me on durbanskyye@gmail.com! - Dave

Ian instructing on our Taildragger

Instructor Ian (left) with Dave (right)

Our taildragger Explorer is fully equipped with the advanced "glass cockpit" MGL electronic flight information system (EFIS) 

Ian stands proud with our new baby, a Bushbaby Explorer taildragger

No comments:

Post a Comment